The only Showroom for FIELSVEN Millinery is on TINOCO BARBER SHOP – AN “ART DECO” DECORATION WORK BY THE ARCHITECT MANUEL MARQUES PINTO in 1929.
Barbearia Tinoco 1929, is located close to the S. Bento train station right in the center of Porto, at Rua de Sá da Bandeira, nº 13, having been founded in 1929 by Manuel Fernandes Tinoco, never went unnoticed in the city. From an early age it was chosen by the Porto elite for being one of the most exquisite spaces in the city. In the space dedicated to beauty, where Parisian glamour and elegance are evident…
Barbearia Tinoco already appears in the 1930 almanac, the decoration of this barbershop is part of the heritage of the city of Porto. We highlight the marble washbasins, the floor covered with fan mosaics, the iron chairs and the huge cristal mirrors, in a set with a strong Art Deco inspiration. One cannot fail to mention the old steam towel heater, which was then placed on the customers’ faces, as well as the small marble counters, the cash machine, the marble clock, and a huge collection of barbers tools. It is a space that is very photographed by the many tourists who pass by.
This magnificent project was designed by the architects Manuel Marques and José Peneda, and the barbershop opened in 1929, although it was only registered the following year.
This establishment has gone through several owners, and the current owner is concerned with bringing the interior decoration closer to the original while modernizing the services.
We are very honored to be part of this fine Barbershop, and together we develop two old portuguese arts.
We are open from 12h to 19h from Monday to Saturday.
Be very welcome!